93 ford ranger

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
fordrangerxlt93

93 ford ranger

Unread post by fordrangerxlt93 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:20 pm

Hey there I got a 93 manual Ford ranger 2wd 3.0 I just changed the slave cylinder and got everything back together took the shifter off to put in gear oil and now the shifter won't go in any gear it seems to be In neutral but when I crunk it up and let off the clutch it wants to pull do you have any advice I'd appreciate it

carriedi

Re: 93

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:42 pm

take the shifter back out and look at the hole that it is supposed to go in. Your trans is probably not in neutral. see if all the slots line up together. There should be three slots that all line up in a row going from the left side to the right side. That's neutral. If you have any one of the slots that are not all lined up, the one that's not lined up in the one that is in gear. you can use the shifter or a big screwdriver and moved the one that's not lined up forward or backwards so that all three line up and then put the shifter back in
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

fordrangerxlt93

Re: 93 ford ranger

Unread post by fordrangerxlt93 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Wow that was it thanks man

fivestring70

Re: 95 ford ranger xlt

Unread post by fivestring70 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Pulled the engine to change oil pan when I put it back in it will go into gear when using the shifter but it want move at all,could it be that it needs to be bleed or what?

carriedi

Re: 93 ford ranger

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Need more information on whar you're working with. Manual or automatic?

auto: have you checked your trans fluid? Is the shifter hooked up correctly?

manual: did you bleed the hydraulics? It should move if you start it in gear unless you left something out. But if you haven't bled the system it will take off when you start it or you won't be able to shift it in or out of gear. (you can shift out of gear but it may be very difficult)
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.