My 1995 F150 engine dies when you turn on the head lights.

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Ford truck questions now.
dbcamp8497

My 1995 F150 engine dies when you turn on the head lights.

Unread post by dbcamp8497 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:59 pm

The truck starts fine but when you turn the headlights on, it dies. Battery reads 14 volts. When you turn on the lights, left headlight is bright and right is dim. Right turn signal also comes on.

carriedi

Re: My 1995 F150 engine dies when you turn on the head light

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:30 pm

it sounds like you have a wiring problem. unplug the dim headlight and verify your power and grounds. The right turn coming on may be a circuit problem or may be a wrong bulb. normally when you have your headlights on the parking lights come on. If you have a single element bulb in a socket for a dual element bulb you will bridge the two electrical contacts in the socket. Has some one recently changed a bulb?

Headlight should be on a completely separate circuit from the engine systems. However, electricity always looks to complete a circuit. Sometimes making connections through unimaginable ways. You may have to go and check each part of your headlight system to find which parts is affecting your engine. you may have to unplug your headlight switch and apply power to see what part will shut the engine down.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.