Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
I have a 2009 Ford Focus and last day while driving, I heard a noise which sounded like shaking in back tire. It sounds like something is disconnected especially when I drive over a bump in the road. I talked about this to my friend who is an auto mechanic in Etobicoke ( Service plus ) through phone. He suggested me to check the sway or stabilizer bar, is this the one which sounds like shaking. Did anyone had any similar experience?

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1945
the sway bar is connected between the two sides and the frame in between. If either of the sway bar links or the frame bushings are loose or damaged it will most likely make noises going over bumps. If the noise seems to be coming from one side then you should inspect the suspension parts on that side but sometimes noise is transferred through the frame or parts that are connected together so be aware that the noise may not be just where you hear or feel it from. A loose shock or other suspension component may also be the cause of the noise. Someone should get under the vehicle and check it out.

Ask A Question Reply