All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

contributions: 2056
you need to find a shop that does more diagnostics than scan a vehicle. Depending on what your vehicle is, it may have to be driven with different diagnostic tools all hooked up at the same time. It makes a difference on whether it is fuel injected or carbureted. you may need a fuel pressure gauge, something hooked up to the coil input and output, Power and ground to the ignition module, they need to see what goes away when the vehicle dies. The best thing would be for the car to die and not restart so then you can see what's missing but on an intermittent problem you have to catch it when it happens. Since a shop has to pay for the time a tech spends on a vehicle, and that would make it very expensive, many shops don't want to spend too much time on something that may not show up when they are looking at it. It could be a poor ground connection to the module, to the engine or to the body.

It would be tough for a shop to find an intermittent that they can't make it happen when they are testing it. The more time they spend the higher the bill will be. Most of the time they say to bring it back when it gets worse. Problem is that it may not get worse. Just keep breaking down on you but then restarting again. Could be hazardous if it happens while driving in traffic. I wish I could be more help but I don't know what the shop did to try and solve your problem. I would try another shop though, to have some fresh eyes looking for the problem.

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   
Ask A Question Reply    Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3