All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
i have a 2007 mustang gt cleared ck engine codes after fixing the problem have driven over 200 miles and i still havent reset all the systems yet for inspection how long should this take

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 665
It isn't necessarily the amount of miles you put on the car after a problem has been fixed and you want all the emission monitors to reset. It takes many different drive cycles, and different driving conditions, depending on the specific computer you're trying to reset.

Usually a nice long drive on the highway, above 55mph, will reset the monitors rather quickly, but it's never a guaranteed process. Each vehicle is different, and depending on the repair you did, it can take longer at times to have all the tests run and pass.

You're just going to have to keep driving it.

GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

contributions: 17
I have a scan tool that will tell you how to pass each monitor if u need help still. 3 important hints, 1. You only need 70% of the monitors to pass, so if u have 10 you only need 7 passed to smog car. 2. Evap system usually passes not moving, idle and let sit with ignition on. 3. Egr passes when you are moving but coasting......no acceleration, deceleration I guess would be the answere. I have an 05 Stang gt with a modis scan tool so if u want tell me which monitors have not passed and I will tell u how. Also it's not the distance sometimes it more stop and go. Some also require u to drive, stop, turn car off, turn car back on and go. Almost no monitors require u to go over 55mph, most if not all are less! -Mike

Ask A Question Reply