2002 Gmc Envoy No Start

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
Jamesh

2002 Gmc Envoy No Start

Unread post by Jamesh » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:03 pm

Need some help here ran great one day next day wont crank over ,starter will crank when jumped with screw driver,battery good tested, also have no gear indicator or fuel gauge,thought ign. switch but has power and send power when held in crank position..need some direction as to where to go next since no gear indicator and fuel gauge is reading E ..Thanks for any advice.

carriedi

Re: 2002 Gmc Envoy No Start

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:02 am

I'm a little confused, "ign. switch has power and send power when held in crank position" sends power to what? You said it won't crank but when you hold the key in the start position it should send a signal for thr starter to crank the engine over. Does it?

it kinda sounds like ignition switch to me. At least that's one of the things I would check.

verify that you have a good ground from the battery to the chassis and to the engine.

fuse boxes also have problems on some models. the circuits inside the fuse box can lose connection causing an open circuit. PCM and BCM also have problems that will look like what you have. See if you can scan for engine and body codes. see what it says
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

ericando

Unread post by ericando » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Did u figure out the issue with your envoy not starting? I have the same issue, all the gauges work except the fuel gage. I replaced the ignition switch but didn't help.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:01 am

if your starter is now turning the engine over when it is supposed to make sure you have battery voltage on the purple wire to the starter solenoid. If you have battery voltage on that wire and the starter doesn't work you probably have a bad starter. (as long as your grounds are good) If you don't have battery voltage on the purple wire check the starter relay. what is the relay doing? you will need to check the signals at the relay (#47) connection to the under hood fuse box on the left side of the engine compartment.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Lil stevie

Unread post by Lil stevie » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:19 pm

Guys if the security light is ON try looking up this web sight:NEWROCKIES.com and read all that applies,it helped fix my 2002 Envoy. Hope it helps