Gmc envoy wont restart gauges dont work

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
Jodie

Gmc envoy wont restart gauges dont work

Unread post by Jodie » Thu May 11, 2017 2:53 pm

I have a 2003 gmc envoy. This morning it started fine but once I turned it off it would not start. The light come on. My radio and gauges dont work. I have checked the battery and the contections. Sometimes my security light stays on and sometimes it goes off. Any ideas?

carriedi

Re: Gmc envoy wont restart gauges dont work

Unread post by carriedi » Fri May 12, 2017 1:59 am

make sure you have power to the ignition switch from the "IGN A" fuse 34 (40a) in the underhood fuse box. If you do have power going through that fuse you should check your ignition switch. Make sure you have the correct power going in on the red wire and going out on the white wire ACC, RUN and START and out on the orange wire in RUN and the yellow wire in START.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Laurielocey

Unread post by Laurielocey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:04 am

Mine is a 2006 gmc envoy and it started this morning but now there is nothing on dashboard lighting up it acts like its dead and won't do nothing

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:35 am

so your 06 envoy starts and runs okay but you don't have any dash lights or gauges working?

you could check the fuses for power. In the under hood fuse box, fuse #24 the IPC/DIC 10A fuse and the IGN E fuse #22 a 10A fuse both power up the dash cluster.

A good scanner can hook up to your car and look for the data stream for the instrument cluster. It should have it's own module and the scanner can see if there are any codes or if it can communicate with it. See if it's getting power from the ignition switch.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.