2005 envoy no heater problem

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
Bud

2005 envoy no heater problem

Unread post by Bud » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:31 am

my 2005 gmc envoy xl auto dual control tempeture is throwing out very little heat do not hear the fan on at all the back does work raise the temp. to 90 the highest it goes but just little heat and no fan try the ac button the star blinks then it goes awy no fan and when i shut off the front heater the back stays on i think before when i used to turn off the main heater which is the front it turned off all the heaters can someone help me i already check all the fuses and they are all good

carriedi

Re: 2005 envoy no heater problem

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:15 am

check to see if you have good power and ground to the blower motor. the blower motor should be under the dash on the passenger side. It has a two wire plug in. you could run a test light between the two prongs in the blower motor connector and see if the light turns on when you turn the switch for the blower on. Sometimes if bang on the blower motor it will start up. if It still means that you have a bad blower motor but it will work again for a while.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

hamilton

engine coolant temperature gauge

Unread post by hamilton » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:54 am

I have a 2008 GMC Envoy. This morning the engine coolant temp. gauge never moved, it stayed at cold while I was driving. The engine never got hot, the gauge just won't register. What do you think the problem is? Thank you.

carriedi

Re: engine coolant temperature gauge

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:29 am

many times the sending unit is the culprit. It could be a loose connection or a bad sender. I have seen where the stepper motor in the instrument cluster has stopped working also but the sender is the place to start.

Using a scanner and look at the coolant temperature. It should give you the digital temperature if the sender is working. If the computer does see the correct temperature then I would start looking the gauge unit. You should get a check engine code coming up if the computer doesn't see the temperature come up to normal operating temp after a while. (P0128)
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

hamilton

Re: engine coolant temperature gauge

Unread post by hamilton » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:05 pm

Thank you.