Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
What is OE thermostat temp suppose to be for a 2003 gmc envoy with the 4.2. Inline 6. I see on different site it says 187. And some say 190. I believe my thermostat is stuck open. I get a po128 code. I replace cts sensor and still comes up. 1 part store has a 187 degree thermostat. Another. Has 190 degree. What is OE suppose to be. Thanks

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1966
187 rounded off to the closest 10 degrees would be 190. three degrees... either one would meet the requirements for the PCM.

yes, most of the time the fix for P0128 is replace the thermostat.

contributions: 7
Sometimes, that code does not mean necessarily that the thermo is bad. Ensure the harness wire linking the sensor from the ECU is not open or shorted; check the coolant level, and the integrity of the coolant; and also if there is leakage in the cooling system.

contributions: 1966
it is true that codes stored in the computer may not always be exactly what you would think it is. but that being said P0128 is set because the engine did not reach the temperature the computer is looking for within a designated time. (took too long to warm up) Using a scanner and a temp-gun, you can check to see if the temperature that the computer sees matches the temperature that the gun sees by the temp sensor. (tool most shops would have)

so, the most common answer to this code is the thermostat is stuck open. Book time is 1.1 hours labor to change the thermostat

Site Admin

contributions: 173
carriedi wrote:
it is true that codes stored in the computer may not always be exactly what you would think it is. but that being said P0128 is set because the engine did not reach the temperature the computer is looking for within a designated time. (took too long to warm up) Using a scanner and a temp-gun, you can check to see if the temperature that the computer sees matches the temperature that the gun sees by the temp sensor. (tool most shops would have)

so, the most common answer to this code is the thermostat is stuck open. Book time is 1.1 hours labor to change the thermostat

I agree.

Ask A Question Reply