2003 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2 will not idle

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
jlo4short

2003 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2 will not idle

Unread post by jlo4short » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:11 pm

I replaced my alternator yesterday and now the engine will not stay running. The engine light came on saying that the #2 was misfiring repeatedly. I replaced the coil pack and the spark plugs but it is still doing the same thing. My engine ran perfectly fine before the alternator went out and my mechanic friends are all kind of at a loss. We checked the fuel pump, exhaust, rechecked the alternator and battery and everything seems to be fine. Does anybody have any thoughts on what is going on and what I should have checked next? I do not want to keep throwing parts at it.

carriedi

Re: 2003 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2 will not idle

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:30 pm

you might want to check to see if there is an intake leak. if you have a scanner look at the misfire counter and see if only #2 is missing.

have you done an idle relearn?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

tezoost

Re: 2003 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2 will not idle

Unread post by tezoost » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:18 am

By this time I had been driving the vehicle for approx 15 mins motor was at normal temp which is just under 210. I pulled into a gas station and 70-483
looked underneathe and could see oil dripping so I turned the truck off popped the hood and the whole passenger side of the motor had been sprayed with oi