06 gmc envoy xl 4x4

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
rebreb32

GMC sierra 1989 rear turn signals

Unread post by rebreb32 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:45 pm

all bulbs have been replaced-as well as the flasher--problem:rear turn signals are dim and blink slow-front are bright and blink fast. a/c control panel illuminates when turn signals are on

willwildy

Re: gmc sierra 1989

Unread post by willwildy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 pm

First thing I would do is verify that I have a good ground to the rear signals. If there is an increased resistance in the rear circuit it will affect the RC time constant and their brightness.
Click here to make a SMALL DONATION to HELP KEEP US FREE

bblahut

2002 envoy dash fuel economy reading are erraticly changing

Unread post by bblahut » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Do you have any idea when the instant fuel economy monitor on the dash changes erraticly when selected. I realize that it will be changing all the time, but it jumps continuesly when driving at contant speeds.
Thanks

ProTech

Re: 2002 envoy dash fuel economy reading are erraticly chang

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:25 pm

It all depends on the situation. Sometimes it can remain steady, and other times it will jump all over the place. Also depends on the quality of fuel you're using as well. It should be nothing to worry about.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

skcross

2003 GMC Envoy battery not charging light

Unread post by skcross » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:09 pm

2003 GMC Envoy XLT Light came on saying battery not charging. Check engine light has been on for awhile. Is it the alternater? Is it expensive to repair?

carriedi

Re: 2003 GMC Envoy battery not charging light

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:40 pm

battery light is to let you know that the battery is not being charged enough. Yes, could be the alternator. an alternator lists for around $160 for a reman to $465 for a new one. That's list, you might be able to find it cheaper if you buy it yourself. Labor is .6 hours so, whatever the labor rate is in your area. based on the 5.3L engine. and a 105 amp alternator. you could have a 145 amp or even the 200 amp alternator. have to see what alternator you have.

check engine light is on to tell you that the computer has a problem with something that will affect your emissions and/or driveability.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

david

06 gmc envoy xl 4x4

Unread post by david » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:53 pm

installing strg whl. sensor now..oem part noticed 1/2"wire & spring on back of it..also do u have to "time" w/ anything or just clear codes??? vehicle kept coming up w/ code c0455 before i started repair

carriedi

Re: 06 gmc envoy xl 4x4

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:28 pm

have you been able to see the data from the sensor? once you had the code have you tried to clear the code and then turn the ignition off for at least 5 seconds?

have you had the car's front wheel alignment done and a steering wheel learn procedure done or even just a relearn done on the steering wheel sensor? I would check those before changing the sensor. If the sensor has been changed then do a learn procedure for the steering sensor.

eagleeye60

04 Envoy intermittant cruise control

Unread post by eagleeye60 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:11 am

When I start my Envoy in the morning the cruise doesn't work. After I shut it off and restart it cruise works fine. Same thing happens after it sits at work all day (13+ hrs). It is now becoming more prevalent and needs shut off and restarted more often which doesn't always fix the issue. I haven't found anyone else having this problem. Please help.

carriedi

Re: 04 Envoy intermittant cruise control

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:35 am

probably going to need a scanner for this one.

the TAC module, the vehicle speed sensor, checking the PIDs for the cruise control. Cruise control inhibit history...

Do you have a light that comes on to tell you the cruise is turned on or do you have a light that only lights up if the cruise is engaged? Do the lights for the cruise work normally?

eagleeye60

Unread post by eagleeye60 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Light on dash is on only when cruise is set. Yes cruise lights work normally.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:04 am

okay, so you need to use the scanner to see what is happening when it doesn't work. May have to use a lab scope to see if the button signals are all getting though to the cruise module. A worn contact could send intermittent signals. If the button contacts are all good then the things that keep the cruise working are the speed sensor signal, the brake pedal signal. The TAC controller and the pcm.