Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 7
hello just new today and have a question what else would i be here for I had a p/s pressure hose replacer on my 2002 envoy the people at the shop cut the hose where it crosses the cross member and fits into the holder and installed a 3/8 peice of pipe and two hose clamps. Is this a common practice because of the trouble putting the line in? thank you

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1903
was it a return line?

the supply to rack high pressure

unless they used special crimping tools and a special fitting for high pressure hydraulic lines I would not trust a spliced high pressure power steering line. I would replace the whole hose.

power steering for the Envoy is set between 1500 t0 1600 by the relief valve. is the repair rated for that much pressure? if it is then you should be fine. but, I would want to make sure.

carriedi when to the shop today and talk to the owner and he told me that they nick a line and repaired it but didnt tell him that it was the high pressure supply he is going to replace it tomorrow thanks

carriedi they are going to replace the whole line

if the pressure line is one piece then yes they should be replacing the whole thing. if the line originally was a multi-piece line they would only replace the part that was damaged

Ask A Question Reply