GMC Ignition Wires Wont Start

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
jly

Re: GMC Ignition Wires Wont Start

Unread post by jly » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:07 pm

I am talking about a plastic approx. 5-6" long x 1/2" thick connector that the wires to the car are joined to the wires I believe then go into the ignition module. I don't know if the electrical plugs (which are off to the right hand side of this connector) are connected inside of this connector or not? Do you? Anyway it looks easy enough but I don't know until I get it opened. I am having trouble getting the new battery lose. Auto Zone's man may have put it in crooked so I hope the car will make it there tomorrow and then I am going to try and fix it there even if I have to use electrical tape to hold the wire for a short distance. I called it a cluster because all the electrical in the car is divided into groups of wires (clusters) and then joined with a plastic container and on the other end
inside the plastic the wires to the part of the car they are for are I am sure joined. I had read they are called a cluster. Most of them in the car are smaller but the one's (approx. 12+) going into the ignition module are the largest of all of them. I was unable to fine the red wire I have to fix with electrical map you sent. The red wire is the first one to the left when you are looking down into the car. Is that the right map for 98 olds intrigue? I think they had two intrigues out that year but my manual does not say anything but V6? If the other one is different can you send it? Would like to know what the red wire goes to. If it's not to do with the knocker sensor #2 then I will probably get a new reading or none :) at all . Thanks for all your help and have a blessed day. You sure are a blessing.

carriedi

Re: GMC Ignition Wires Wont Start

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:41 am

here is a picture of the connector for the ignition module.

I do not have another wiring diagram available however, the colors should match but the more important part is the position in the connector. the connector should be labeled a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,p. the placement of the wires should match the wiring diagram even if the colors don't.

the knock sensors do not connect to the ignition module. they are wired to the power control module.
Attachments
98 intrigue icm.jpg
98 intrigue icm.jpg (181.93 KiB) Viewed 1850 times
ignition module connector.jpg
ignition module connector.jpg (47.26 KiB) Viewed 1850 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.