1998 jimmy is new to me and having many issues

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
Dalec26

GMC Jimmy 2001 running lights

Unread post by Dalec26 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:34 pm

I just bought a used 2001 gmc jimmy sls 4.3 vortec 2dr 2wheeldrive 130000 miles its been running great but today i started it up and the running lights didnt come on. the headlights work if i turn the switch but until today they would come on when i started the truck and shutoff when i turn the truck off. i dont know what the problem could be.the brake(!)(P)light came on while iwas driving before this happened idont know why it is on or if these problems could be related any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: running lights

Unread post by butchkaz » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:00 am

I think you are referring to the daytime running lights (DRL).
The reason they do not come come on may be because of the brake lights you have have on the dash.
Check to make sure the emergency brake pedal is all the way up. Pull the release handle and but your foot under the pedal to sort of lift it higher to see if the brake lights go off. Also check the brake fluid level in the reservoir.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

heatherfaye

1998 jimmy is new to me and having many issues

Unread post by heatherfaye » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:03 pm

I bought a new 98 jimmy last week and it is pulling forward like the engine is trying to give more gas then quits it pulls and quits when I go about 50 mph or higher. Very scared and have two children With me. Please let me know what it could be

carriedi

Re: 1998 jimmy is new to me and having many issues

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:20 pm

first thing you're going to want to check is your transmission fluid level. Make sure it's full to spec and the fluid is red and doesn't smell burnt. Don't over fill the trans. marks on the dipstick are for pints not quarts. If the trans fluid is ok you should have your vehicle scanned and look at the fuel trims and also look at the transmission. You could have a trans problem with the lock up solenoid turning on and off.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.