GMC Envoy very little air from vents

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
chevyman

GMC Envoy very little air from vents

Unread post by chevyman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Hello i have a 2002 gmc envoy slt with automatic a/c and the heat went out. so i changed the blower motor control module and replaced it with a modifying kit because they dont make that part for my vehicle and while replacing it the fuse blew so i replaced the fuse and now it doesnt work. However i do have rear heat and when i turn the control head to auto i can feel a little bit of air not much though. Please help me figure this out.

carriedi

Re: GMC Envoy very little air from vents

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:41 am

so is your blower motor turning on or not now?
Attachments
#1.jpg
#1.jpg (48.94 KiB) Viewed 9067 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

chevyman

Unread post by chevyman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:11 pm

no i still dont have heat and that picture is of a blower motor resistor and my vehicle doesnt have that it has a blower motor control module its like a black box with a plate coming out the back and has two wires it has automatic air it is also dual climate controlled.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:09 am

no heat... so are you saying the temp doesn't work or are you saying the fan won't blow it out?

heat is from the heater core air exchange. the fan just pushes air. cold, warm or hot. Is the fan not working or do you not get heat (temperature - the fan blows cold air)

if it only has two wires, where do the wires go? What color are they? or is it a two big wire and a small three wire plug in?

there are two fuses in the rear fuse box. numbers #39 hvac I 10A and #36 hvac B 10A. and there is a fuse in the under hood fuse box #35 40A.
Attachments
auto ac blower.jpg
auto ac blower.jpg (117.55 KiB) Viewed 9057 times

Beginnermechanic

Ac going in and out

Unread post by Beginnermechanic » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:18 am

I have an 06 envoy xl and the ac works compressor turns on but while im driving. Ac goes out and sometimes. I open and close the glove compartment. And it turns on but now i have to move some black wire behind the glove compartment. For it to work...what can it be???

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:20 pm

there are different parts to the hvac system. when you say it turns off, it sounds like you're saying the blower fan is turning off. But I may be mistaken. Does the ac turn off? (the compressor turn off) Does the system stop getting cold but the compressor stays on? Or is it the blower fan that stops blowing?

if it is the blower fan that stops running, it is very common for the connectors and/or wiring to have problems because of the current the fan runs. And as the blower motor ages it may start to drag a little causing a higher amp draw. Check the blower fan, the blower fan connections to the fan motor and to the blower resistor. See if connectors look melted or burnt.

Beginnermechanic

Unread post by Beginnermechanic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:00 am

Yea i the ac will turn off and the air will just stop i can hear the compressor running but no air coming out.. But ty i will on that

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:07 pm

I don't understand what you are saying. Don't tell me what you think is wrong. tell me what is happening. Compressor running means the ac is on. No air coming out would be the blower fan. Does the air come out if you change it to heat? I need you to tell me what is really happening. NO air coming out of the vents? The blower fan controls air flow. It has different speeds. High speed and then lower speeds. You can hear when the blower fan turns on and runs at the different speeds. Can you hear if the fan is turning on? Is the fan turning off?

I am going to out on a limb here and say change your blower fan and make sure the connector is not damaged from arcing. If the connector is melted or burnt change the connector also. If you get a new connector do not use butt connectors or wire nuts. use heat shrink tubing and solder the wires together. A lot of current goes to the fan. Make sure you don't have a place where that current can arc through a connector and get hot.