GMC Yukon Chime When Driving

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
trayjackson

GMC Yukon Chime When Driving

Unread post by trayjackson » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:30 am

I have a 2003 Yukon Denali XL. There is a constant chime now when I drive. It stops when the truck stops. There are no doors left open or are ajar and it's very annoying. Unfortunately, the dash cluster doesn't work so I can't tell if chime is for a warning of some sort. Any idea what this could be?

carriedi

Re: GMC Yukon Chime When Driving

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:31 am

could be your seatbelt warning going off. maybe your seatbelt contacts are not getting to the computer and when it sees the vehicle moving it sets the warning off. You should have your cluster checked out or fixed, then you might see what warning light is coming on. A scanner might be able to read the signals to the cluster even though the cluster doesn't light up.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

trayjackson

Unread post by trayjackson » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:59 am

Thank you for your input. As for the seatbelt connectors, I should just check each seatbelt to be sure something is not stuck? As far as the scanner for the cluster, where do I get a scanner from? Is it costly? Or is this something that can be done at a dealership?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:18 pm

almost any auto repair shop will have at least i=one scanner. They do sell aftermarket scanners at parts stores and some major retailer stores they range from around a hundred dollars to in the thousands. If you are interested in getting one make sure to ask if it reads the cluster and body control modules as well as the engine module. It would be best if you can find one that does engine, trans, body, ABS, instrument cluster, restraints, and security protocols. But you could just ask a shop what they would charge to scan it for you for the problem you are experiencing.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

EWardb

Unread post by EWardb » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:28 pm

I to have this problem on 07 Sierra alarm chirps when accelerating then after a while shuts off but shuts off when I apply brakes and come to a stop. But soon as I Excelerator it's comes right back. Alarm is very fast sounds like headlight alarm, when I turn truck off alarm still goes till I restart.

Sickle79

Unread post by Sickle79 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:06 am

I had that same issue with my Pontiac grand am gt,kept hearing this ding ding ding,like I left on lights or something so I'm constantly looking around n checking things n i only here it when I accelerate but stops when I make a stop,somehow I raised my emergency brake up some without realizing it,n when I let it back down,it finally stopped!