1998 GMC Suburban DTC code P0453

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
Oscar

1998 GMC Suburban DTC code P0453

Unread post by Oscar » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:26 pm

What is my next step if my scan tool shows the DTC code P0453; the fuel tank pressure sensor voltage is too high at FIVE volts? Did I NOT plug in the new sensor correctly or is the ground wire not connected properly? I have a 1998 GMC suburban 5.7 Liter 4X2 Vin R, and it is a beauty. HELP. Tomorrow, I'm going to lower the fuel tank and re-check both of my fuel line connections. I did not use the "special" tool to unplug them, I used a flat screwdriver instead and I may have caused a line-blockage by bending one of the inside blades in the process. Wish me luck.

carriedi

Re: 1998 GMC Suburban DTC code P0453

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:15 pm

so I am guessing that you had a P0453 and you replaced the sensor fuel tank pressure and still have the same code?

Did you clear the codes out of the memory? Then key on engine off what does the pressure sensor read? it should be 1.0 to -1.0 inches h2o. the three wire harness connector will have one pcm 5V ref. one signal return and one pcm(-). The middle wire is the sensor signal. key on engine off with the sensor plugged in you should have 1.3 to 1.7 volts (no pressure in the tank i.e. gas cap off)

as vacuum builds in the tank voltage will increase, as pressure increases voltage will decrease.

if you have 5 volts in the sensor return wire look for a short in the wiring or in the sensor. unplug the sensor and see it the sensor still reads 5V on sensor return.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.