2004 GMC Envoy Wont Start- Just Clicks

Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your GMC truck questions.
Privater

Re: 2004 GMC Envoy Wont Start- Just Clicks

Unread post by Privater » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:55 pm

I was the same.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:03 am

what did you do to fix yours?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

bos10

Unread post by bos10 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:35 pm

2004 GMC Envoy XL Slt 5.3l V8

Won't start
Turn key and no fuel pump whine.
try to start it and it just keeps cranking, but no fire.when I pump the gas pedal I get nothing. It started once but when I tried to restart it it shut off like it was out of gas. I have a half a tank of gas .

Or

Turn the key and it just clicks.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:27 pm

click no starts: a real fast click, click, click, click is usually a low battery. One click when you put it in start and you release the key and you get one click when you try it again is usually the starter. (starter solenoid)

when you cycle the key from off to run you should hear the fuel pump cycle. It's called the two second prime. The furl pump turns on when you first turn on the key to build up pressure in the system since it may have dropped all the way down to zero overnight or something.

if you cycle the key and you don't have the two second prime, check your fuel pump relay. the computer sends the signal to the relay to turn it on. it also has a fuse that goes with it. Make sure you don't have any blown or missing fuses. Check for fuel pressure. 4.2L should be 50-57psi and the 5.3L should be 55-62 psi
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.