Oldsmobile Alero 2001 has no heat problems

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
drake

Oldsmobile Alero 2001 has no heat problems

Unread post by drake » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:54 am

Hey any help would be great its getting cold out and my son has to deal with this aswell as my wife and me this is our only car now...help... So heres my major problem the blower motor works in my 2001 Oldsmobile Alero but i get no heat. A/C runs great so im thinking heater coil, i wanted to know if this may be something i could fix or even clues on what els it could be.......Thanks

GregBur

Re: Alero heat problems

Unread post by GregBur » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Assuming the coolant level is full, this problem could be a plugged heater core. You can remove the hoses from the core at the firewall and run a garden hose on full blast into one hose, then into the other hose. look for debre to come out, then the water to get clear.
If the engine is the 3400 v6, you could also have a headgasket problem. A blown headgasket will pump compression into the cooling system causing air pockets. Air pockets cause a no heat condtion. The rear head is common for this. Removing the spark plugs and looking for them to be corroded from burning coolant is one way to check for this.

Gerhard7

Re: Oldsmobile Alero 2001 has no heat problems

Unread post by Gerhard7 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:05 pm

I own a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero 3.4L and I am having a very strange A/C problem. I recharged the A/C and now the compressor turns on but there is no cold air out of any of the vents in any position (front, feet, defrost, etc.) The Heater works great though. Checked all fuses. I'm just absolutely stumped on this 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated