90 Olds Delta 88 suddenly dies and won't restart

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
abaker

90 Olds Delta 88 suddenly dies and won't restart

Unread post by abaker » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:14 pm

My 90 Olds Delta 88 will suddenly die while driving and then won't start. It was only doing it after I would drive it all over town, then I would go into the city I would go to leave and it won't start,the fuel pump was replaced just a couple of months ago, we just put a new fuel filter on last night but it still won't start. I REALLY NEED HELP PLEASE, I've had couple of people say that its the Mass Intake Sensor?.. Any suggestions please

carriedi

Re: 90 Olds Delta 88 suddenly dies and won't restart

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:00 pm

before you replace anymore parts you should have it checked when it won't start. When it won't start, you need to measure your fuel pressure. it should be 40 to 47 psi for the 3.8L. If fuel pressure turns out okay, check for spark. If the spark is good then check for fuel injector pulse.

each part will have it's own tree to follow depending on what results you get. Crank sensor, ignition module, fuel pump connector, shorting injector, passlock problem, coil pack, and on and on.

what is the problem you are having now? does it die while you are driving and not restart or is it you drive around and park it and it won't start when you come back to the car? Or is it both.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Wildman45

No fire to fuel pump

Unread post by Wildman45 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:56 am

I get sparks plugs good prime it with gas it run but don't hear pump run out new one on it want run what's up wiring

carriedi

Re: 90 Olds Delta 88 suddenly dies and won't restart

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:59 pm

make, model, year and engine size... what do you have?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.