All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
Hello, I am looking for some direction and advice so I can surprise my husband with some parts for his 1980 Cutlass Supreme...I have some homework to do and had a few questions if ya'll could help me out.
1. when filtering on sites sometimes is asks if the car is Base or Brougham. How do I find this out.
What I want to get him is struts and shocks. What are some suggestions of what will work on his car and price ranges..I want to get some thing he will be happy with but I am also not rolling in cash....Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Chyil

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2056
you're in luck because 1980 cutlass supreme uses shocks and not struts. So it will be much cheaper than replacing struts. you will need to buy two for the front and two for the rear. Prices will vary depending on who you buy them from. Gas charged shocks are the ones you want to get. I don't even know if anyone sells shocks that are not gas charged now days. Most auto parts stores and some department stores should carry shocks for you car. or be able to order them.

cutlass supreme base of brougham doesn't make any difference when it comes to picking out shocks.

Ask A Question Reply