no start after broken steering column

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
freddy

2002 olds alero won't start

Unread post by freddy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Fuel pump,filter and injectors seem to be working fine. Security light keeps flashing. Is there a way to bypass this.I've tried disconnecting the battery,at one point for 2 hours.

TerryAuto

Re: 2002 olds alero won't start

Unread post by TerryAuto » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:24 pm

Ya, you probably have the common passlock cylinder problem. There are ways to bypass the system around the internet. We do do not have a link to that information. We discuss proper repairs.

You could try a relearn. This will usually get the car to start. That is, until the body computer sees the passlock cylinder fail again,
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

LVALENZ

2004 ALero help!! nothing works!

Unread post by LVALENZ » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:15 pm

hi,
I'm having a problem with my 2004 Alero. All of a sudden my speedometer, radio, gas guage, windows and automatic lights don't work. Can turns on and starts just fine. Lights work if manually turned on.

Radio comes on when key is in (ACC). Any advise on what it could be?

carriedi

Re: 2004 ALero help!! nothing works!

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 pm

check your BFC/Batt fuse in the left side instrument fuse panel. it's the fuse for the BCM. If it's good you should go through the wiring and see if the instrument cluster is getting power and trace it back from there
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

frankencutty

no start after broken steering column

Unread post by frankencutty » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:24 pm

1987 olds Cutlass v8
My steering column broke while driving. The car died and I had to get it towed. After the repair it has power to the dash lights turn signals wipers radio, but the car won't start. When I put the key in the start position there's no noise no crank. I put a test light on all fuses (good) the fuseable link to the starter (good) and on the ignition switch. When on the switch the test light dims when I turn the key. Does anyone know if I'm missing something? At the end of my rope here. Thanks.

carriedi

Re: no start after broken steering column

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:38 am

check your ignition switch to make sure it is adjusted correctly. the holes where the screws go through are slotted. loosen the bolts and push the switch towards the top while the relay rod from the lock and tumbler is in the off position. just move it with your fingers until you take the play out of the relay rod. then tighten the mounting screws. It sounds like the switch isn't all the way up so when you turn the key to the start position it doesn't reach far enough to hit the start terminal.
Attachments
ignition switch.jpg
ignition switch.jpg (86.64 KiB) Viewed 4043 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.