Fuel pump or anti theft system

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
pewkie1266

Fuel pump or anti theft system

Unread post by pewkie1266 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:29 am

I have a 03 oldsmobile alero. I had the fuel pump replaced & was told it went out again, I see lots of people saying it might be the anti-theft system shutting it down. How can I do 2 fix this, or bypass the system? Fuel pump relay seems to be fine.

carriedi

Re: Fuel pump or anti theft system

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:21 am

lets start with some information. what is your car doing? have you measured the fuel pressure? is the security light on or flashing?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

pewkie1266

Unread post by pewkie1266 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:58 am

Fuel pressure was checked, everything was good, the mechanic brought the car to my mom at work, then it shut off on her on her way home. It won't start. Seems like when it sits awhile, hrs sometimes days, then it starts on 1st try. Don't know if anti-theft light flashes, I have 2 go get the car off the side of the road in the morning. Also recently had ignition switch replaced (Don't know if that might have anything to do with it).

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:44 am

if the car is running fine when it is checked you might not see any problems. you need to check for problems while they are happening to make sure you are on the right track. Intermittent problems may be hard to track down at times.

Alero fuel pressure is 50-60psi for the 2.2L and 52-59psi for the 3.4L

pewkie1266

Unread post by pewkie1266 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:49 am

It cranked right up this morning. Security light was normal. Could be a manufacturer defect in the new fuel pump or wiring on the fuel pump. The new fuel pump came with a wiring harness because the guys at Advance said GM changed it for some issues. Might there be anything else in there I should check? Also we could not hear the fuel pump turn on when it would not crank, relay was fine, pressure was fine.

2003 Oldsmobile Alero 2.2L
I said anti-theft, but they are calling it the passlock sensor.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:07 pm

when everything is working it is difficult to say what is the problem. need to check everything when it is not working. or see if any codes were stored in history or pending codes.