1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette lost most of my lights

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
roger

security is on my van will not turn over

Unread post by roger » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:44 am

hello i have a 2000 olds silhouette van the it stop runing i put a fuel pump in it at that time it wood turn over but wood not start now it will not turn over and the security light is on i can cross over the star it will start run for a min the security will not let the fuel pump run i put my scaner on it i said the fuel and security cods is on how can i get it off

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: security is on my van will not turn over

Unread post by butchkaz » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Most common problem with security on these vans is the theft sensor / module in the column.
It is a sensor that surrounds the ignition cylinder.
The column covers would need to come of, the cylinder removed, then the sensor can be replaced.
A re-learn of the theft would be needed after replacement.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

roger396

Unread post by roger396 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:21 pm

butchkaz wrote:Most common problem with security on these vans is the theft sensor / module in the column.
It is a sensor that surrounds the ignition cylinder.
The column covers would need to come of, the cylinder removed, then the sensor can be replaced.
A re-learn of the theft would be needed after replacement.
hello if i replace the theft sensor and the key cly so do i turn it in the on and just let it set to relearn ? thank you if you can let me no

butchkaz
Site Admin

Unread post by butchkaz » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:30 pm

This should relearn it...

1. Insert a valid mechanical coded unlearned ignition key in the ignition switch. Place ignition switch in RUN position. The SECURITY indicator light will flash once per second for 10 minutes for the length of the auto learn timer.
2. When auto learn timer expires and SECURITY indicator light goes off, place ignition switch in OFF position. Remove ignition key. Wait 10 seconds.
3. Repeat steps 1) and 2) 2 more times. Insert the newly learned ignition key in ignition switch.
4. Place ignition switch in RUN position. The SECURITY indicator light should remain off to indicate that ignition key was learned. This will be the only learned key.

roger396

Unread post by roger396 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:04 am

butchkaz wrote:This should relearn it...

1. Insert a valid mechanical coded unlearned ignition key in the ignition switch. Place ignition switch in RUN position. The SECURITY indicator light will flash once per second for 10 minutes for the length of the auto learn timer.
2. When auto learn timer expires and SECURITY indicator light goes off, place ignition switch in OFF position. Remove ignition key. Wait 10 seconds.
3. Repeat steps 1) and 2) 2 more times. Insert the newly learned ignition key in ignition switch.
4. Place ignition switch in RUN position. The SECURITY indicator light should remain off to indicate that ignition key was learned. This will be the only learned key.
thank you for your help that did fix it you was a big help and i thank you

butchkaz
Site Admin

Unread post by butchkaz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:34 pm

Your Welcome.
Come visit us again !

Winny

Unread post by Winny » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Hey thanks for the great info guys. Had the same problem on my Chevy Venture.
Did that learn thingy, and truck is fixed. You guys ROCK ! :)

markd

1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette lost most of my lights

Unread post by markd » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:43 pm

We bought this used. Been running fine but all of a sudden lost most of my lights.
My dashboard light went out. Now my inside lights are gone. I also lost my brake lights and left turn.
I found two burnt fuses and replaced them but that didn't bring them back. My left turn now blinks barely.
I can't drive at night since no rear lights at all.
When I open the door I now get a constant beeping or bell that I don't recall having before. You know like when you leave the key in or headlights on.
I have looked through the manual but nothing that helped solve this stuff.
Hope someone has some ideas, we can't afford another vehicle right now.
THanks
Mark

carriedi

Re: 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette lost most of my lights

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:22 am

tail lights get power on a brown wire from the headlight switch. Power to the switch is from an orange wire from the park lamp fuse in the underhood junction box. Check to make sure you have battery voltage from the orange wire going to the brown wire for tail lights.

the brake lights and dimmer switch also power up from an orange wire. at the dash light dimmer switch power is Orange power in and gray/black to the dash lights and gray to the hvac lights, window switches and the door switches.

Turn signal lights get power from the T/sig 10A fuse in the fuse block. it runs a pink wire to the t/s switch. Brakes, turn and hazard are all tied together.

Unless power to the fuse blocks are compromised, headlights and tail lights are separate from stop and turn. so check your power in's and out's

Bad ground could also affect all systems.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.