1999 Olds Aurora blows fuse for dash and Air

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
lance0267

1999 Olds Aurora blows fuse for dash and Air

Unread post by lance0267 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:48 pm

I replace the 10 amp fuse, sometimes blows instantly. Disconnect batttery, hook back up I everything works fine. Shut the passenger lost everything, went to put in new 10 amp fuse and sparks arked and blew. Now fuse will go in, doesn't blow it and I still don't have any gauges or Temp control system works. Tech worked on it, could not find anything wrong with grounds, fuse block or wires he could see. Talked about an extensive amount of different "modules" to try and replace. Any thoughts?

carriedi

Re: 1999 Olds Aurora blows fuse for dash and Air

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:13 am

when a fuse blows it opens the circuit. Did your tech tell you if your fuse still had power and ground at the specific fuse holder? You may have had a short and burned a wire out. or it is possible that you may have had a bad cluster of hvac controller that was shorting out your fuse. you are going to have to check the power at the units that don't work. If all your power and grounds for the items that don't work are good use a scanner and see if there is communication between the modules. U-codes or body codes...
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.