alero, steam out the tailpipe

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
kozzo

Re: alero, steam out the tailpipe

Unread post by kozzo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:41 pm

ok, here we- no voltage to the knocky sensor. Wire or defective PCM I'm guessing????? I guess if I can find which pin on the ecm, I can check voltage there? Where's the pcm? where's waldo?

kozzo

Unread post by kozzo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:04 pm

ok, found the pcm under the dash, autozone had a diagram for a blue wire, terminal 33
don't know if this link will work- anyways, hooked up a wire tap to blue wire on 33, no voltage coming from it- nothing. For kicks, I pulled the pcm out- has a sticker on it saying it has been flashed. Do these go bad that often?
http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs ... 2415ca.gif

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:47 pm

they do go bad. does your knock sensor have a single wire connector or does it have a two wire connector?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

kozzo

Unread post by kozzo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:41 pm

it is a single- there is a splice in the connection- I wonder if it shorted out at one time, and burned up the circuit. If I do get a new PCM- should I get one that is "flashed" to my application off ebay, or should I just get one off a wreck with same engine and transmission? Am I gonna end up at the dealership after all my trouble? I was going to go ahead and buy a scanner, as now I have 2 obd2 cars now, and I've read I'll have to relearn crankshaft variation on this if I pull a used computer from a wreck

kozzo

Unread post by kozzo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:03 pm

so I went and pulled a used computer from another Alero, had to do the security learn. Got it started, and still no voltage from the wire :twisted: I do however have a battery light on the dash, even though it's charging at 14.5volts. Car ran rough at first, drove round the neighborhood, and when I got it home, and all warmed up- I turned it off, and tried to restart it, and it didn't want to start or idle, unless I give it some gas. Thinking about just putting the old ecm back in and taking it to the dealership. I've worked on a lot of cars, but this one has been the most frustrating

coolant leval sensor switch location

Unread post by 5150 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:52 am

3.4v6 coolant leval sensor switch location I do not have radiator cap just overflow tank