Olds Intrigue Heater control goes blank

For Olds Aurora and Cutlass to the Alero and Delta 88.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Oldsmobile car questions.
pandk

Olds Intrigue Heater control goes blank

Unread post by pandk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:34 pm

My wife has a 2000 oldsmobile intrigue. She will be driving with the heater on and all of the sudden it goes off and the control goes black. Stop turn off car pull key and then restart and it comes back on. Sometimes have to shut off and pull key a few times. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

carriedi

Re: Olds Intrigue Heater control goes blank

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:30 am

there are three powers and one ground to power up the control panel for the hvac. one power also does the radio so if you don't have a problem with the radio that fuse should be ok. one fuse is for the high speed for the blower so that shouldn't affect the display. the other one is a 10 amp HVAC fuse in the fuse block behind the right side of the dash. It has a brown wire that powers up pin C5 on the display module. you will need to tie into that wire with an LED or test bulb and drive it around to see if the light goes out or stays on when the display shuts down.

the ground wire from pin C1 is a black wire that connects to the body on the right side of the dash (G201) you can check for a good connection.

but, most likely it will probably be internal to the control unit.

now, does the display go out but everything still works or does the display go out and the fans shuts down too. If everything shuts off you will need to check like I said above. If the display turns off but the fan stays on then the display part of the control unit may be going out.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

pandk

Re: Olds Intrigue Heater control goes blank

Unread post by pandk » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:41 am

Thank you for your response. Everything goes off when it goes black. I will check what you told me.