2003 Chevy venture light issues

bgonzales

2003 Chevy venture light issues

Unread post by bgonzales » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:37 pm

I have an '03 Chevrolet venture and I'm having problems with the brakes lights, blinkers, and hazards. two brakes on the sides don't light up at all but the one in the middle is constantly on. the blinkers were working but were very dim but now are not working at all. The blinkers work on inside display panel only when the brakes aren't being pressed. I've checked the fuses and changed the bulbs to only have the issue get worse. I have 3 kids and need my vehicle to be safe, can you please help me?

carriedi

Re: 2003 Chevy venture light issues

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:21 pm

you might want to make sure you put the correct bulbs in. 3057's brake and 3156's for turn

how did the bulb holders look? were any of the holders discolored? like from getting hot?

you should make sure you have a good ground for the brake and turn lights.

the white wire to the rear lights is the power for the brake lights on each side and the yellow if power for the left turn and green is power for the right turn.

do the turn signals work on the front lights?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: 2003 Chevy venture light issues

Unread post by butchkaz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:41 pm

bgonzales wrote:I have an '03 Chevrolet venture and I'm having problems with the brakes lights, blinkers, and hazards. two brakes on the sides don't light up at all but the one in the middle is constantly on. the blinkers were working but were very dim but now are not working at all. The blinkers work on inside display panel only when the brakes aren't being pressed. I've checked the fuses and changed the bulbs to only have the issue get worse. I have 3 kids and need my vehicle to be safe, can you please help me?
A common problem is that the rear lights circuit boards are shorted internally.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.