2000 cheverolet venture problem

lovsweet

2000 cheverolet venture problem

Unread post by lovsweet » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:18 pm

ok so i have been to almost everyone with the problem that my van is having and i am getting so frustrated that i want to blow it up..anyway this is what its doing...it runs fine until it warms up and then it starts jerking.the more it warms up the more it jerks and there were times that it shut off on me.people have told me its my transmission or the cylinoids in the tranny.but then there were some that said it cannot be the transmission.seems like noone wants to give the right thing.hopefully someone on here can give me a better idea.i have switched out the fuel filter,the pps censor,the altenator and still its acting stupid.

Meccboy

Re: 2000 cheverolet venture problem

Unread post by Meccboy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Can you be a little more specific on what it is doing? Is the check engine light on.
If it is, has it been scanned for codes?

lovsweet

Unread post by lovsweet » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:39 am

its acting like its losing power.kind of hard to say what its doing.all i know it was jerking.a computer was hooked up to it and there is no codes found.the check engine light is not on.there is also no wires that are touch or grounding out.

Meccboy

Unread post by Meccboy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:43 pm

Well, without feeling it for myself, it would be kind of hard to diagnose this. Jerking can be caused by an engine misfire, which can be caused by many things- spark plugs, plug wires, ignition coil or module. But this would usually set a check engine light and codes.
Transmission can also cause van to jerk. Not alsways set a light and code. It would need to be driven by a mechanic who then be able to differenciate between engine or transmision.
A plugged catalytic converter can casue jerking and loss of power when hot.

lovsweet

Unread post by lovsweet » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:08 pm

ok thanks..i got some answers from like 5 different mechanics..soem said tranny and some said something else..not sure but its been doing fine.im hoping that it was just clogged..going to try to trade it in because i cannot afford to put like $4g in it.thansk for your help