Trailblazer is running and in drive, but wont shift

thompson45

Trailblazer is running and in drive, but wont shift

Unread post by thompson45 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:08 pm

I have a 2004 Trailblazer. It will run, and go into drive, but when accelerating it will not shift. I am stuck going in first gear. How do you fix this?

bruce

Re: Trailblazer is running and in drive, but wont shift

Unread post by bruce » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:34 pm

You have a transmission problem. First thing to do is get the computer scanned for codes. You may one or more for a bad shift solenoid. If that is the case, then the code wil tell you which one. To replace it you need to remove the trans pan. Solenoids screw into the valve body.

If there are no codes, then you have an internal failure and the transmission will have to come out of your Trialblazer to find out what is wrong.

Irishe

Burning atf and car won't drive

Unread post by Irishe » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:51 am

I was driving on the freeway all of a sudden it slowed down! I can put it in park and neutral, I was able to guide to the side of the road, but won't drive or go in reverse. Checked the atf and it's full but it looks and smells burnt! I'm praying I don't need a new transmission. Someone said it could be the transmission solenoid? HELP! Im disabled and this car is all I've got. She revs up just fine.

carriedi

Re: Burning atf and car won't drive

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:16 pm

I don't understand your title "Burning atf and car won't drive"

are you burning automatic transmission fluid?

best thing for you to do is scan your vehicle for codes.

2wd 0r 4wd?

find out if it is a transmission problem, a transfer case problem or a drive line problem.

how many miles does your truck have and do you know when it had the fluid changed?

From your short description, it does not sound good for you trans.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Irishe

Unread post by Irishe » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:58 pm

4 wheel drive and yes automatic transmission fluid. You can see it on the stick. 2003 Chevy trailblazer

Irishe

Unread post by Irishe » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 pm

I forgot to say 147,000 miles
Thank you..

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 am

your recommended service schedule says that you should change the trans filter and refill with dextron6 every 50K miles. Just like changing your engine oil and coolant, the materials in the trans fluid will get worn away over time and will break down. A scan of the transmission should be able to let you know what the trans computer is seeing and may let you know what the problem is. If it is a solenoid or a pressure problem... You should take it to a good trans shop in your area
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.