Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 3
I was driving on the freeway all of a sudden it slowed down! I can put it in park and neutral, I was able to guide to the side of the road, but won't drive or go in reverse. Checked the atf and it's full but it looks and smells burnt! I'm praying I don't need a new transmission. Someone said it could be the transmission solenoid? HELP! Im disabled and this car is all I've got. She revs up just fine.

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2017
I don't understand your title "Burning atf and car won't drive"

are you burning automatic transmission fluid?

best thing for you to do is scan your vehicle for codes.

2wd 0r 4wd?

find out if it is a transmission problem, a transfer case problem or a drive line problem.

how many miles does your truck have and do you know when it had the fluid changed?

From your short description, it does not sound good for you trans.

4 wheel drive and yes automatic transmission fluid. You can see it on the stick. 2003 Chevy trailblazer

I forgot to say 147,000 miles
Thank you..

contributions: 2017
your recommended service schedule says that you should change the trans filter and refill with dextron6 every 50K miles. Just like changing your engine oil and coolant, the materials in the trans fluid will get worn away over time and will break down. A scan of the transmission should be able to let you know what the trans computer is seeing and may let you know what the problem is. If it is a solenoid or a pressure problem... You should take it to a good trans shop in your area

Ask A Question Reply