2008 Trailblazer ECT sensor location ?

mushtaqkhawar

2008 Trailblazer ECT sensor location ?

Unread post by mushtaqkhawar » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:37 am

Hi,
For Trailblazer 2008 model , where is location of ECT sensor ? and what he procedure to replace it ?

carriedi

Re: 2008 Trailblazer ECT sensor location ?

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:33 am

do you have the 4.2L engine? that ECT is in the right side rear of the engine block. not too far from the last exhaust port.

do you have the 5.3L or the 6.0L? that ect sensor is in the left front of the engine block close to the alternator
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

mushtaqkhawar

Unread post by mushtaqkhawar » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:22 am

Thanks carriedi .

I have 4.2 TB , this mean ECT will be on passenger side , on far end , right ? I take a quick look in morning , but did not see it , Will it be visible or I have to remove some cover ?

I have issue with temp guage and AC , both going off at same time . Battery reset will solve the problem for few hours to days . Strange.

Today I connected OBD-II to see code error , it was P0128 Chevy Trailblazer. But i notice that OBD-II will show correct temperature ( 75 C in morning ) , however the temp gauge on TB will show 0 , and AC was not working .

From OBD-II , I reset the MIL i.e clear code P0128 , guess what ,temp gauge start showing correct temp and AC back to normal .

What could be real issue , may ECU ? I know the issue will be back in 1-2 days . Any suggestion .

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:47 am

It should be visible.

P0128 is usually the thermostat taking too long to get the engine up to operating temperature.

Once the "check engine" light comes on your car may go into limp mode. turning the AC off so the AC won't take power from the motor.

mushtaqkhawar

Unread post by mushtaqkhawar » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:01 am

Okay .

But I did not understand the reason that at same time , temp guage will show 0 C , while ODB-II will show 75 C !

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:29 am

some cars have a coolant sensor for the computer and a coolant sender for gauge. Other cars only have the one coolant sensor that sends info to the computer and the computer sends a data feed to the instrument cluster to control a stepper motor (the gauge) If you can scan your engine, can you also scan your instrument cluster and see what it is doing?

I would repair your P0128 and if everything else runs normally... it's OK

unlucky

Unread post by unlucky » Tue May 03, 2016 3:36 am

Did changing the thermostat or the temp sensor fix this problem...thanks!

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Wed May 04, 2016 9:22 am

it would seem that this vehicle had more than one problem. His gauge did not match the temperature. That would be the temp. sender. and a code P0128. the code for the engine taking too long to warm up - replace the thermostat.

" i notice that OBD-II will show correct temperature ( 75 C in morning ) , however the temp gauge on TB will show 0" the sender for the gauge bad will give a bad reading for the gauge but the sensor for the computer works and the computer sees the correct temp. But, the p0128 is a code that is programmed into the computer to make sure the engine reaches a certain temp within a certain amount of time. That uses the temp sensor not the temp sender.

Unread post by Guest » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:55 pm

mushtaqkhawar wrote:

did you find the problem with this, i also am having the same problem, i think its a computer problem but not 100% sure and havent found anyone with the solution?