Feels like cruise control is on

mdw46

Feels like cruise control is on

Unread post by mdw46 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:25 pm

My 2004 feels like the cruise control is on when i take foot off the gas pedal , The rpm doesn't drop until I brake the car . I could go for miles at 25 mph. I'm not getting any codes and I replaced throttle body . Even from a dead stop the car will gradually speed up !! I can't figure this on out so any advice would be helpful

TerryAuto

Re: Feels like cruise control is on

Unread post by TerryAuto » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:10 pm

The throttle body is most likely the cause. The thing is though, that after replacement, an idle relearn needs to be done to get it to idle properly. So basically it seems like the same problem. In other words, the throttle body was bad causing high idle, the new one fixed the problem, but has the same condition because the idle has not been learned.

Do a search here for Trailblazer idle learn and you will find a procedure that will sometimes learn it, but most of the time it needs to be done with the dealer scanner.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.

mdw46

Unread post by mdw46 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Thanks I didn't realize it would have to dealer for a relearn , I always disconnect battery after any work on engine.
Thanks

mdw46

Unread post by mdw46 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:31 pm

It idles ok , the problem is when i take off it will stay at 1000 rpms and with foot off pedal it doesn't throttle down unless I apply brakes and come to a stop.

TerryAuto

Unread post by TerryAuto » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 am

Yes, that is one of the symptoms.
Be sure to check the Similar Topics down this page for more help.