2000 Suburban backfires when going into passing gear

ok317

2002 suburban abs & airbag light

Unread post by ok317 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:16 am

Hi
i have a 2002 chevy suburban that was parked for about 2 years & my abs & air bag light are on all the time & when i hook up the tech 2 it says no comunication to bcm:
i checked the grounds & all the fuses what alse can it be ?

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: 2002 suburban abs & airbag light

Unread post by butchkaz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:31 pm

It depends on what the codes are in the ABS module and the SDM. The BCM is not the module that would cause the ABS and Airbag light, although these condition may all be related.
You have sevral problems.
There could be a problem in a communication wire splice that these 3 system modules share.
Clear all the codes with the Tech 2, then start the truck. After the ABS and Airb bag lights come on, scan the codes from the ABS and SDM.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

KElco

2000 Suburban backfires when going into passing gear

Unread post by KElco » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:12 am

My 2000 Suburban backfires (pops) through the intake system when it goes from overdrive to passing gear, usually on a incline. It runs fine other than this, There are no codes showing. Could this be a fuel, or transmission problem????? THANKS for your thoughts.......

carriedi

Re: 2000 Suburban backfires when going into passing gear

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:18 am

backfire into the intake could be something as simple as a lean miss (fuel related) all the way to a mechanical problem (valve sticking, worn cam...) If you can duplicate the miss on a regular basis you may want to drive the vehicle with a scanner hooked up. This way you can watch what the computer sees when you have the problem. You can see if there is a lean condition under a load. You could also see if the misfire counter can see what cylinder it sees is missing. Or you might want to drive it while you have an ignition scope hooked up to watch your secondary ignition pattern when the problem shows up.

Might also check to see if your cat is a little restricted. Check the back pressure under a load
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.