94 Chevy 1500 leaking and won't stay cranked

carriedi

Re: 1999 Silverado Starts and dies

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:23 am

if you cannot communicate with the computer I would go through and double check all your power and grounds. also make sure you don't have any blown fuses. (or missing fuses)
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Jeffrey

Unread post by Jeffrey » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:11 am

Is there a way to get a diagram to tell what has to be grounded and where?Im alittle worried that maybe I left a ground wire off the frame some where.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:36 am

the grounds for the engine computer go to the rear of the heads on the engine. the fuel pump ground is on the frame back by the tank. if those grounds are connected you should have communication to the obd2 connector do you see the ground connections from the battery to the body, frame and engine?

Breanne85

Truck cuts on and off while driving

Unread post by Breanne85 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:13 pm

Hey guys- my 2010 silverado cuts on and off while I'm driving- it's like a complete shut off but my truck keeps going and doesn't stop- it jerks real hard. My friend put a computer on my car and no codes are coming up? Anyone know of this problem happening in other trucks or possibly have a solution?

Thanks.
Breanne

carriedi

Re: Truck cuts on and off while driving

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:31 am

confusing information.

so, you truck is turning off and back on while you're driving, right? Not just shutting down but the truck keeps going without the engine running... And your friend put a computer on your truck or do you mean a scanner or code reader?

If it was a scanner that can look at the data stream, drive the truck with the scanner on and see what the crank sensor is doing.

what engine does your truck have? is it diesel?