Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 2
5.3 clyinder 6 will show miss fire Afta truck is at 210 also rite before fan turns on steaming at tail pipe when fan cuts off temp goes down steam stops and miss fire comes in pull no. 6plug put new in runs great till starts steaming agin at 210 !!!! all lifters changed solenoid plate oil pump and pickup tub clean has just been done,!! I beleave there has to be a crack in head mabe block Cly. 6

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1990
just from your description it would sound like you have a coolant leak into cylinder #6 with the engine warm. you might want to take out the #6 spark plug and pressure test your cooling system to a pressure slightly higher than the rating on you radiator cap and see if coolant is leaking into the cylinder.

contributions: 2
Yeah it's definitely get colant in it didn't get a chance to touch it today shop full but u can see the plug is wet and doesn't smell like gas so u think its a crack? I don't see a head gasket problem because I installed the new lifters 3 months ago Costmer drive Outa state for work and said it stopped shouting out cylinders so I put new solinod plate on that fixed that then week later oil pressure strayed dropin so did oil pump cleaned pickup in pan and when I run it it has good oil pressure no ticks runs smother unroll 210 rite before fan runs u get a miss coming in steam at tail pipe wen fan kicks off steam easy up then to nothing but tick stay Miss stays no check engine literally so no Des with scared shut it off pull n6 plug its wet stick new one in runs fine agin achswaly might not do it until u run it up the road when u come to a stop u feel miss this is what makes me want to believe a crack! Can u give me any idea are reasons it does not run hot Costmer says never did I don't won't to see him spend money on pulling heads an it be block is there a test u know of? Thanks for posting back I just got on this site so much information my dad wud tell me boy we used books that thing (Samsung mega cat help u but when I stumble are strafe acurance which is most time at my shop forums help and save alot of time !!

contributions: 1990
ok, if you have a misfire on #6 and replacing the plug will make it go away (and the plug is wet) it could be a problem with too much fuel flooding the cylinder. If you say it's wet but it's not gas then the next thought would be that it is coolant. Coolant from a cracked head, a damaged head gasket, bad intake something that will go into cylinder #6. At my shop I would get the engine warmed up to your 210 degrees and pull out the #6 plug and pressure test your cooling system. See if coolant fills up in the cylinder. We have a camera that will go down into the cylinder and we would look to see where it might be coming from.

I wish I could be more helpful but you are talking about something inside the motor. Are you loosing coolant? have you had to add coolant to the system?

Ask A Question Reply