chevy truck brakes lock up

xrascals

chevy truck brakes lock up

Unread post by xrascals » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:14 pm

My truck abs light has been on and my breaks feel like they lock up every so often. I put new breaks and hubs. Not sure what else to do.

ProTech

Re: chevy truck brakes lock up

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Was this problem happening before you did any repairs? If not, I'd say to recheck your work. If it was happening, you may have other issues going on. Usually the ABS will not cause the brakes to lock up. That is either due to something mechanically wrong with one or more calipers/pads/rotors/lines. Also, you might want to check for contamination of the brake fluid. If another fluid has been added to the system is can cause the brakes to lock up due to the rubber lines and seals swelling up. If the ABS light is still on even after your repairs, you might want to start looking at wiring harnesses, or the possibility of a bad new part. A code check of the system will help here too. But as for the locking up, I really doubt it is due to an ABS problem. You probably have multiple issues here.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

xrascals

Unread post by xrascals » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Where can I get it checked for this?

ProTech

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Any GM dealership, or a reputable repair shop.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

xrascals

Unread post by xrascals » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Sounds good going to look tomorrow. Small town so shouldn't b to hard just reliable.