2000 chevy 2500 fuel pump problem

leflertowing

2000 chevy 2500 fuel pump problem

Unread post by leflertowing » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:37 pm

I have a 2000 chevy 2500 with 6.0 v8 and i dont have power back to the fuel pump. Ive traced all the wires and they appear to be in good shape and all fuses are good as well. What should i check next?

Scotty112

Re: 2000 chevy 2500 fuel pump problem

Unread post by Scotty112 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:34 pm

You need to check for a fuel pump relay. If it has one it may be bad. Aslo if there is a problem with the theft security system, this would cause no power to the pump. The other possibility is that the PCM is bad. You need to use a scanner to power the pump and see if there is any that way. If the scanner says that yes, the pump is running, but no power there, then the PCM is bad.

anklecharm

Unread post by anklecharm » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:18 am

ok.. it wont let me post a new thread... ive read a ton on here. still vry confused.... it would only let me reply instead of starting a new thread..hello, ive got a question about my 2003 duramax... the fuel filter was replaced maybe 3 months or so ago... recently i ve noticed that the truck loses power temporarily when driving it... it started happening when i would punch the gas.. for example, getting onto highways... i would have to take my foot off the gas and then back on for the truck to continue to get gas... it originally seemed to only happen every once in a while when accelerating. then it started happening more and more... finally, when i was driving down my street the truck died on me.. i coasted to the side of the street, stopped, put er in park then started it back up... the guys i took the truck to are not diesel mechanics... anyway, i was told that they were not positive if it was the fuel pump or not... that they did not have the whatever to be able to properly diagnose it and would hate to change pumps if that was not the issue... ive done a little research online and heard something about mass air flow sensor being a possibility as well.... and to check the fuel pressure to be able to diagnose what it is... that you could get the tools to test it at o reilly for free by dropping a deposit down. what exactly would i be looking for... i can find out how to check the fuel pressure, i just need to know what exactly i should look for with that... how can i tell if it is a mass airflow sensor problem or a fuel pump??? im assuming it is not a filter seeing how it was just replaced not too long ago.... does anybody have a good idea with what is going on with my truck, how i can figure out what exactly the issue is before i drop $1000+ down on labor alone to replace the damn pump... how i can diagnose it myself to know what needs done... etc... any wisdom my way would be greatly appreciated.... im getting pretty desperate... about to make a trip 3 hours to oklahoma to have my cousins ex father in law fix it... i dont want to pay for something that doesnt need to be done... whatever it is, id like to have a good idea, if not know for sure, what the problem is, beforehand.... thanks a lot.... i appologise if this sounds cookie cutter to you all... im fairly ignorant with cars, and online stuff... dont know if there are specific things to do for certain types, year, models, diesel, the duramax model etc.... im really not trying to be lazy and not look for answers first... from everything ive seen, i still have little clue... speciffic communication with me would be of grerat assistance... ive just spent, well it was 930 when i started, now its 2;15, so almost 5 1/2 hours, trying to figure out what to do... youtube etc.... thats wher i heard something about the air flow sensor... thanks, and sorry about the a d d rambling

Karl

Unread post by Karl » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:16 am

See post here...
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7130

anklecharm

Unread post by anklecharm » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:23 pm

ok thanks