Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

i have a 1996 Chevy Tahoe with a 5.7 engine that had an intake gasket blow and dumped all the water in the oil and after a friend added 5 more gallions of water without checking where the water was going caused the motor to lock up. so i rebuilt the engine and got it put in and runs great exept for 1 problem.after i get over 35 mph if i hit the breaks to stop the engine stalls. the engine will stall even if i put the tranny n neutral as im going down the road.it does it mainly after the engine is at normal temp.if i let off the breaks when i see the tach drop the engine starts running again,but i have to let off quick or it dies all together.i cant find any wires that i missed hooking up and with the back wheels off the ground and truck in gear the engine wont stall. i have disconnected the break boster,still same thing.disconnected egr valve,same thing and disconnected the anti lock breaks,same thing.i have pulled on all the wiering harnesses while the engine is running and no change.any ideas where to look next? ps the only engine codes is rapid miss fire and a new set of wires stoped that.also it seems not to stall as bad after i cleared the missfire code and after unhooking the egr valve had to clear that code.

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

You may have a EGR valve partially open. Could be a MAP sensor that is not accurate, but did not set a check engine light code. Check for vacuum leaks. May have the timing off a tooth.

Ask A Question Reply