Heated seats not working...

ednsandy

Heated seats not working...

Unread post by ednsandy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:26 pm

....manual says it is the fuse in the fuse block in the engine compartment. Without pulling it out, any one know what that fuse is in terms of part # and amperage? Any chance the fuse just "went bad" and wasn't blown by a short? If so, would it make sense to replace the fuse to see what happens?

carriedi

Re: Heated seats not working...

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:52 am

you would always replace a fuse if it is blown. then see what happens when it is replaced. If it blows right away then you know there is a short and you start looking for that. If it doesn't blow just wait and see what happens.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

ednsandy

Unread post by ednsandy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:00 am

That is what I intend to do....guess I will just have to pull the fuse to see what kind and amp value.....we are traveling and my wife is always nervous about doing anything while the vehicle is fully functional other than the heated seats....to pacify her I will just wait 'til I get home and replace the fuse then...she is the one who misses the heated seats! ;)

I also have a 2007 Equinox which I use for local driving and it has an mysterious electrical drain which I have to trouble shoot...haven't found any helpful suggestions other than it might be the OnStar module which did stop working before the drain problem arose. So, will have to see if that has to be totally unplugged since pulling the inside the car fuse from the block didn't seem to help.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:49 pm

the amp rating for fuses is marked on the fuse. many manufacturers also post the amp rating for the circuit on the fuse cover index.

for battery drains the best way to find those is with an inductive amp probe. this way you can see the amp draw without disconnecting any circuits
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.