Timing on 2000 Blazer v6

Whisper6691

Timing on 2000 Blazer v6

Unread post by Whisper6691 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:39 pm

I have a 200 Chevy Blazer with the vortec 4.3l V6. Recently had an intake water leak so decided that the timing chain also needed to be replaced due to the fact it had 140,000 + miles on original. Everything was lined up correctly and distributer was dropped back in exact same location. but the engine has a small backfire though the egr recirculation tube while trying to start it. I checked to make sure that the #1 cyl was a t TDC and aligned distributer to the #1 wire. everything has been hooked back up correctly and it has no loose connections. Other then the coolant leak the engine was running fine prior to the replacement. Any Ideas?

Whisper6691

Re: Timing on 2000 Blazer v6

Unread post by Whisper6691 » Sun May 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Ok here we go again, after considerable research still have not found a solution. I have fire and fuel to the cylinders have a small backfire through the top as if it is out of time. The engine turns over beautifully without hesitation. Help me plz!

ChevHead

Unread post by ChevHead » Sun May 09, 2010 7:08 pm

If it is backfiring throught the intake, then something is not right. Out of time, crossed plug wire, injector nozzle in the wrong cylinder, etc. Something is not right since it did not do it prior to the repairs.

Whisper6691

Unread post by Whisper6691 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:50 am

All been checked all nozzles are in proper holes retook timing cover back off, gears are meshed perfectly. All wires are in proper location. Items changed during work were as follows, Crank position sensor, purge selonoid, cap, rotor, wires, all hoses, and the belt. I realize it sounds like a timing issue and after exhaustive research and many trials of restabing the distributer and makeing sure all is lined up it continues to do the same thing.