1993 Chevy S-10 Blazer Rocker Arm Studs

1993 S-10 Blazer

1993 Chevy S-10 Blazer Rocker Arm Studs

Unread post by 1993 S-10 Blazer » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:06 pm

Hello, I have a 93 S-10 Blazer, with Vin Code "W", have recently had a antifreeze leak, well, this led to "changing" the heads on it, well, after 3 sets, they finally found the "right " ones for W vin code, this was O'reily Auto, they have been really helpful. Well, now they have the right heads, but they have no "studs" for the rocker to tighten down on, the previous ones, bent all the push rods, both sets! Well, this led to getting the 3rd set!

Now for the question, how do I get the right "studs" for this application, the Haynes manual says they are "positive point" rockers, and do not require adjustment, well, as we have previously found out, if you tighten them all they way down to the head, it will bend all the pushrods, thus having to disassemble! AGAIN! It has the CPI Port on the top of the motor, think this was where things were getting "mixed"up :roll:
Any help would be very much appreciated!!
Thank you!
Flustered in Tennessee!!

Molwack

Re: Rocker Arm Studs

Unread post by Molwack » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:09 am

Hey, they have to be adjusted just like small block. Tighten in correct order. Tighten until pushrod will not turn with light twisting, and then half turn more.

1993 S-10 Blazer

Re: Rocker Arm Studs

Unread post by 1993 S-10 Blazer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:53 am

Thanks for all the input, they just had to get the right "studs" for the "W" vin code! They also have "NO" adjustment, with the right "stud", you torque them to the specified amount in the "Haynes" manual, and they work just fine! Nothing else to do!

They do not list them in the computer or in their books, they actually had to call and request them. So anyone out there with a 4.3liter W/CPI, just ask them to call, and request these types of things, otherwise, you are going to spend alot of time and alot of money! Cost me over 600.00 dollars, and about 3 weeks under the hood, glad my dad is a mechanic for CSX Railroad, or would have cost me a fortune at a shop!And about 3weeks of waiting! :oops:

Just thought I would let you all know what I went through, maybe this will help the next guy out!

Frustrated in Tennessee!