Chevrolet Avalanche rear door locks Problem

rfish

Chevrolet Avalanche rear door locks Problem

Unread post by rfish » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:31 pm

I own a 2005 avalanche that the rear doors will not unlock either by using the drivers power unlock or automatically when the truck is put into park. However they will lock when the drivers switch is used or when the truck is put into drive, indicating that they are receiving power. I did check all of the fuses in the fuse bloc and they are good. The schematic shows that there are two rectangular larger blocks that are listed as "lock" and "unlock" in the fuse bloc but I'm not sure how to check these or if they even control that part. I had also checked the vehicles settings in regards to the locks and they are set properly. Any help would be appreciated.

butchkaz
Site Admin

Chevy Avalvance rear door locks

Unread post by butchkaz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Possible rear door unlock relay. There is an unlock and a lock relay in the I/P fuse block. Swap them to see if your condition changes.
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

Rfish

Re: rear door locks

Unread post by Rfish » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:16 pm

Butchkaz,

Thanks for the info. You are correct it is in the "unlock" relay. I was trying to narrow it down but wasn't quite sure if that is what those two relays controlled - now I know. Thanks again for your help!

butchkaz
Site Admin

Re: rear door locks

Unread post by butchkaz » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Rfish wrote:Butchkaz,

Thanks for the info. You are correct it is in the "unlock" relay. I was trying to narrow it down but wasn't quite sure if that is what those two relays controlled - now I know. Thanks again for your help!
Glad to help !
Be Sure To Check The Related Topics below For More Help.

AllenCooper

Re: Chevy Avalvance rear door locks

Unread post by AllenCooper » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:11 am

butchkaz wrote:
> Possible rear door unlock relay. There is an unlock and a lock relay in the
> I/P fuse block. Swap them to see if your condition changes.
I am having the same issue with rear locks

carriedi

Re: Chevrolet Avalanche rear door locks Problem

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:21 am

the front door lock actuators are directly connected to the respective door modules. right front actuator to the right front door module and the left front actuator to the left front door module. But, the rear doors go through relays for the lock relay and the un-lock relay in the fuse panel in the lower left side of the dash. Those relays are controlled by the body control module.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.