06 impala 3.5

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
Harry

2004 Cavalier Blower Motor Speeds

Unread post by Harry » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Problem with my 2004 caviler 2.2L.
My blower motor will not speed up when the switch is changed to high,it still runs but not fast.

JK

Re: 2004 Cavalier Blower Motor Speeds

Unread post by JK » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:50 pm

The most common cause for this is a burned out blower motor resistor.
First check all fuses. Then a few tests with a test light at the resistor connector would need to be done to confirm the resistor is bad.
With a test light connected to a good ground, disonnect resistor and test for power at different terminals as you you are turning the fan speed knob.
There should be power at different terminals as the speeds knob is changed.
Or just remove the resistor and see if it looks burned.

snood

Fuse Location For Fan Speeds

Unread post by snood » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:20 pm

the fuse for the a/c under ( 10 amp ) the hood keeps blowing when I turn the inside fan adjustment to 1 or higher. what do you think?

Phil

Re: fuses

Unread post by Phil » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:33 pm

Well, it may depend on the car.
But, you may have a shorted blower motor resistor.

10marines

heat air fan speeds not working

Unread post by 10marines » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:12 am

2004 chev trailblazer no, heat or air on the number 2 setting,nothing 1setting fine ,3,4,5,fine.please help.

ProTech

Re: heat air fan speeds not working

Unread post by ProTech » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Easy fix. You need a new blower motor resistor. The resistor controls the speeds that the blower motor turns as you select 1,2,3, etc. When these burn up or fail, you'll lose one or more speeds, but others will continue to work.

The blower resistor is located under the passenger side of the dash, right behind the blower motor. Two small screws hold it in. You'll have to remove the kick panel trim to access the area for it.
More Information for blower resistor and connector.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

msexclusive911

2004 chevy impala clicking noise

Unread post by msexclusive911 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:19 pm

every time I back up I hear a clicking noise. It stops when I move forward. Also the check engine light comes on for about a week the goes back off. Got a diagnosis it said something about a faulty wiring.

ProTech

Re: 2004 chevy impala clicking noise

Unread post by ProTech » Thu May 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Hard to help you with a noise problem over the internet since I can't hear it. You might want to check the brakes, make sure nothing is hitting the backing plate, or any other hardware or brake parts loose/broken. Something could be in the tire as well and making noise. You'd really need to have someone listen as you back up and try to determine the area it's coming from so you can see what's wrong.

As for the check engine light, I'd really need to know what codes you had to give you any ideas or help.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+

1121misty

2003 chevy impala

Unread post by 1121misty » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:29 pm

My 2003 chevy impala has l coolent leak near the fan belt. I can see a little hoes where it is leaking from. Can you give me any help as to what this is and how to make sure this is where its leaking from. Also if i can fix this myself or do i need to take it to someone.