99 malibu 3.1 good fuel pressure cranks but won't start

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
carriedi

Re: 99 malibu 3.1 good fuel pressure cranks but won't start

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:27 pm

all of the injectors have a pink wire and another color wire. the pink wire should be power key on from the F/P INJR fuse (15a)
yellow and black #6
black and white #5
light blue and black #4
pink and black #3
light green and black #2
black #1
are the computer ground wires to the injectors. if you are unable to check it at the injector connector follow the wire harness back to where there is a big connector that does them all.

you could check the crank position sensor to see if it is working before you replace it. or buy it and see if it cures the problem. But If it's getting spark to the plugs that would tell me that the crank sensor is sending a signal to the ignition module.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

tmpnwnnb

Unread post by tmpnwnnb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:19 am

Ok... problem solved... the problem was the security system. The 1 time it started afyer replacing the fuel pump was with the spare key... after doing the 30min relearn procedure it started up and currently running fine. no "theft system" light or anything... thanks for evveryones help.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:12 am

congrats

LOL, so you had no fuel injector pulse but you did have spark because the passlock cuts off the injector pulse to prevent starting
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

tmpnwnnb

Unread post by tmpnwnnb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:12 am

Actually that's the funny part about it...my buddy has a set of fuelinjector noids. you plug them into the where the injector plugs in and you turn it over.... ever injector should have gotten a pulse... bc they all lit up... but idk...its runing... i think its bc i threatened it high caliber rounds and a scrapyard....