Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply   

contributions: 1
About a month ago, when trying to turn my lights on manually my 2003 mc ss said service car soon. Tonight I lost interior instrument panel lights but after further observation, I noticed they were just really really dim. I checked the dimmer switch and it was turned up as far as it could go. My mechanic said it sounds like a bad dimmer switch. We checked all the fuses and they were fine along with the dimmer itself which was a small turn away from turning on the dome light. Just checking to see if this is plausible or not???

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 1988
it could be a problem with the dimmer. what does it do when you move the dimmer switch back and forth from dim to bright?

to check the dimmer circuit you would need to look ate the brown and white wire to the dimmer switch to verify that you have good battery voltage and current. then look at the gray for the output from the dimmer. if the voltage is reduced even when the dimmer is in the bright position you could jump the battery voltage to the gray wire and see if the dash light brighten up. If they do get much brighter then you probably do have a bad dimmer

Attachments:
File comment: Chevy Monte Carlo interior lights dimmer switch schematics.
mc ss dimmer.jpg
mc ss dimmer.jpg [ 124.15 KiB | Viewed 1137 times ]

Ask A Question Reply