Quantcast

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Ask A Question Reply    Go to page 1, 2  Next

contributions: 14
I have a 2007 Chevy Impala Lt 3.5 L reading code P0010 shifts hard thru first an second gears have a check engine lite on I have changed the camshaft positioning sensor also the plug to that sensor I have also changed the camshaft magnet stop shifting hard for a very short period of time after I chanced that now the lite is back on and the hard shifting persist please help can not keep just spending money also can not afford to pay shop prices. Thanks for reading and any help you may have! Happy 4TH

Share on FacebookShare on DiggShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

* Search   

contributions: 2002
when the check engine light comes on the computer will substitute values for the sensor that it sees as a problem. That's to try and keep your car running so you don't get stuck out somewhere. But because it doesn't actually know what the value of that sensor is, or it wouldn't have to have the check engine light on, it doesn't want you to keep driving and perhaps weaken or damage something else, it goes into limp mode. That would be a reason the shifting pattern changes. Many times the cruise control will be turned off too. Some cars it will shut of the ac.

so after all the things that you have done to your car, is the check engine light still on now?

Yes engine lite is still on

still the same code?

Yes same code p0010 scanner says intake camshaft position (CMP) actuator solenoid control circuit bank 1 ECM has detected a fault in the camshaft actuator solenoid circuit bank 1 probable cause - open or short circuit condition bank 1 actuator solenoid circuit. Failed actuator solenoid bank 1 ECM fault is what the print out reads

what is the condition of your engine oil? Is it clean and are you using 5w30 or lighter? Can you scanner do a cam solenoid test? and have you checked the wiring to the solenoid?

also, what is the mileage on your car. is it still under the emissions warranty?

Clean oil using 5w-30 no warranty and as far as a solenoid I have not been able to find one as I have see in pics online looks like a small shaft dealers says my car doesn't have it lost at this point

100,xxx miles

Ask A Question Reply    Go to page 1, 2  Next