Should I need change of my car battery?

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
CarlosGarrison

Should I need change of my car battery?

Unread post by CarlosGarrison » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:59 pm

I had brought a old Equinox car last year. Yesterday it shows a problem in battery because their head lights is not lighting. When I take my car at Tiremania Auto repair shop which is our local auto repair shop, their repairer says that the battery is completely damaged. So here it is better for me to replace a new one. So asked you that should I need change of my car battery?

carriedi

Re: Should I need change of my car battery?

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:05 pm

I don't know what kind of test they did on your battery. but if they checked out your battery and said it was no good, then you should get a new one. Did they also check out your charging system? and your starting system?

Here's my question for you. when you noticed that your headlights were not working, were you able to start and drive your car to the repair shop? If you can start and drive your car to the repair shop and your headlights don't work, then your battery is not the reason your headlights won't work. It takes a lot less energy to turn on your headlights than it does to start your car. look at fuses, relays and switches before going to the battery if you can start your engine.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

CarlosGarrison

Unread post by CarlosGarrison » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:46 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. As you ask you some questions to me so my answers are given below.
Did they also check out your charging system?
Yes they did. And after test they found charging process was working correctly but battery was not charged.
Did they also check out your starting system?
Yes. Because If they didn't then they don't tell me certainly to replace that battery.
were you able to start and drive your car to the repair shop?
Here I want to inform you that I don't mention that I was drive that car. I take my to the repair shop by a twing van.

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:35 am

sorry, i don't understand everything yet.

does your car start up and drive ok?

Do you headlights work now?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

CarlosGarrison

Unread post by CarlosGarrison » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:04 am

Thank you for your response and as your question about headlights, sorry yet I do not know status about my car but already I told to Tiremania to use a new battery. And also they told me that my car will be ready within two days.