blower motor stops when i hit the brakes

From the Chevy Cavalier and Monte Carlo to the Malibu, Lumina and Impala.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Chevrolet car questions now.
matthew123

blower motor stops when i hit the brakes

Unread post by matthew123 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:39 pm

I have a 04 impala and most of the time when I hit the brakes in cold weather my blower motor stops blowing then when I let off the brake it comes back on .its really annoying it doesn't happen everytime but most of time.i don't know how it can be connected to the brake could it be a vacuum leak in brakes please help

carriedi

Re: blower motor stops when i hit the brakes

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:05 pm

the blower fan and the brakes shouldn't be connected circuits. but anything can happen when electrical components search for grounds and powers. You will need to test for ground connections and power to the blower motor. the motor should only have two wires going to it. Black for ground and purple for power. Does the fan turn off in all speeds even high? Your vehicle has a blower control module instead of the old blower resistor so it is a little more complicated to check the circuits.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

matthew123

Unread post by matthew123 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:51 pm

ya the fan turns off even on high or low doesnt matter i do have only 2 wires going to blower motor it doesnt do it with the ac just in winter.it was doing it last winter too.but it doesnt do it all the time when applying brakes but some of the time.i know what you mean black and purple wires from the harness that goes into blower. i had too cut off the bad pieces and put on new wires cause they were all melted and my heat would shut off when i hit bumps cause it wasnt making good connection but we fixed the wires on harness going to resistor and blower motor.but it was shutting off since last year when pressing brake so it probly has to do with the grounding or wiring cause i dont know what else it could be

TerryAuto

Unread post by TerryAuto » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Pay close attention for any other electrical problems that happen at the same time. If you have other problems like lights dimming or going out (inside or outside), rear defogger, radio etc. you may have a bad ignition switch. Have seen this a few times before.