Pontiac Bonneville ABS code C1214 C1245

bill

Pontiac Bonneville ABS code C1214 C1245

Unread post by bill » Fri May 28, 2010 3:45 pm

I show the following codes C1214, C1245 and C11248....what is going on and will this affect my braking?

MeccBoy

Re: abs

Unread post by MeccBoy » Sat May 29, 2010 2:13 pm

First off, no this will not affect your normal braking system.
See this link for a list of ABS Codes
https://www.greatautohelp.com/dtc/absdtc.html

Jesse52353

Vibrating

Unread post by Jesse52353 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:59 pm

I just got new air ride shocks put on and new compressor, when car is fluctuating over bumps or weighted down with passengers it vibrates or when on a big hill or a decent corner. Is not transmission dosent vibrate while shifting up or down or from park-1. Overdrive works perfectly and was serviced a few months ago. Didn’t do this before shocks and pump were replaced. I also have 4 brand new tires brakes rotors wheel bearings and other front end parts. Had a tuneup 3 months ago as well. Has 185k daily driver of 150 miles a day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as idk how much more I can put into Bonnie

carriedi

Re: Vibrating

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:21 am

that's tough to answer without feeling the vibration or what the vibration is associated with as you are driving.

what kind of vibration is it? Where do you feel it? Do you hear a noise that goes with it? Does it happen where you can repeatedly make it happen or is it completely random? How long does the vibration last? If you continue to drive can you make it stay doing it or does it come and go no matter what you do?

you say it didn't happen until you put new shocks and compressor on. It's not the compressor turning on is it? Maybe the rubber insulator isn't on right or some part is touching the body and you can feel it when the compressor turns on?

If the air suspension is aired up, try unplugging the electrical connection to the air compressor so that it won't run, and see if the vibration is gone when you drive it.

Will need more info to try and figure out what is happening since I can't drive and feel what is happening myself.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.